Sport climbing is a form of rock climbing that relies on permanent anchors fixed to the rock for protection. This is in contrast to traditional climbing where climbers must place removable protection as they climb. Sport climbing uses fixed gear on the rock to protect climbers falls. Anchors are placed at the top of pitches for descent or as stances on longer routes.
Tools of the trade include:
- Harness, helmet
- rack of quick-draws, karabiners
- belay device, rope, slings
- climbing shoes
- chalk, and a thirst for adventure.
What Sport Climbing activities does No Boundaries offer?
You can experience sport climbing in our weekend workshops & explorations, week-long courses or during our multi-sport adventure breaks.
Why go Climbing with us?
All of our activities are led by qualified IFMGA Mountain Guides. The British Mountaineering Council defines a Mountain Guide as someone with the IFMGA carnet, the highest qualification in the world for leading people in the mountains, whether skiing, climbing or mountaineering.
- No Boundaries team members are professional, passionate, friendly and committed to providing you with the highest level of service.
- We source and test some of the best Climbing locations, to deliver you an unforgettable experience.
- You meet like-minded people.
- You have a lot of fun while you stay active.
- and much more! Check out our testimonials page, and read what people say about us.
How do I book?
Check the Sport Climbing calendar below, and select your preferred date to make your reservation. As a Sports Club, registration with us and signing a waiver are mandatory for legal and insurance purposes.
- Flights? How do I know which flights to book? - No Boundaries will recommend suggested routes from your preferred airport to arrange your Airport pick-up.
- How can be your participation fee so cheap? - No Boundaries is a company limited by guarantee, where all the profit is reinvested in the company itself. This, along with collaborations and partnership built up over the years, allows us to achieve one of our main goals: make the activities we promote as much accessible as possible.
- Can I come along on my own? - Yes we are a club and you are very welcome to join us on all of our adventures downhill, for meals together and hot drinks beside the radiators
- Are the sports activities suitable for complete beginners? - Yes, absolutely you can come along and try it for the very first time.
- What about Insurance? - No Boundaries held a Public Liability and Professional indemnity insurance and so do the Mountain Guide working with us. For an extra piece of mind, we'd recommend you to purchase a sports travel insurance, to cover yourself from risks such as missed or cancelled flights
Do you have other questions? Please contact us.
Some shots from previous activities
We strongly recommend you to take out a sports travel insurance. Sports Travel insurance will provide cover for the whole time that you are on a trip away from home. It will cover you for any general travel issues, plus any issues related to the chosen sport(s). Cover is provided for your chosen sport, plus all other sports in the same sports group or lower groups. Policies can be Single trip or Annual multi-trip - Annual policies allow multiple single trips of up to 90 days each. There are 3 levels of cover available to choose from which allow you to select how much cover you require for cancellation, baggage, sports equipment etc.
We have decided to promote Sports Cover Direct as partner service. Click on their banner below to get an instant quote.